Keweenaw Bay Indian Community Substance Abuse Programs Outpatient Services offer services to all community adolescents age 9-17 and adults. Individual counseling is available.
Length of Outpatient Treatment is determined on an individual assessment for continuing sobriety.
Services are available M-F 8a.m. -4:30p.m. Evening Hours are available upon request.
Information and scheduling of appointments can be obtained by contacting 906-353-8121.
IOP is a more intensive level of treatment than regular outpatient, or a lower level of care from partial hospital program. This level of care is helpful as a transition back to the community, along with strengthening coping skills or introducing new ones. The program length is based on client/staff agreement for 8 weeks, depending upon individual need.
Groups are designed to focus on the "here and now," assisting in identifying problems and formulating solutions for a healthier future. The goal of this program is to help the client in making changes and decisions which will lead to a happier life. The treatment plan will involve the client in creating a care plan which will focus on some of these needed changes. Groups will be used to assist in confronting issues that brought the client into IOP. Forms of treatment are created to meet the goal of improving functioning at life.
Mondays 1:00 pm-4:00 pm = 3 hours
Tuesdays 1:00 pm-4:00 pm= 3 hours
Thursday 1:00 pm-3:00 pm= 2 hours
One individual session will be scheduled weekly M-F between the hours of 8-4:30= 1 hour
Total: 9 hours weekly.
Groups include instilling a sense of hope, provides a safe and supportive environment to acquire information and/or obtain personal insight. Topics will fall into four categories: Addiction Education Behavioral therapy/skills Mental Health Management of day to day stressors Improving interpersonal effectiveness and spiritual/holistic wellness Mental Health goal is to increase knowledge of issues related to mental health, current life stressors and help assist the client in being proactive in their own treatment. Nutritional balance, medications, education, relaxation techniques, communication and organization.
• Exhibit a diagnosed Substance Use Disorder
• Determined to require intense level of care
• Demonstrated ability to maintain sobriety in IOP
• Medically stable with no evidence of acute substance withdrawal or other active medical problems
• Have psychosocial support to benefit from treatment, includes adequate housing and transportation
• Demonstrate emotional and behavioral regulation without a history of aggressive behavior
• Not have a history of legal charges that demonstrate physical/aggressive/assaultive behavior or exploitation of others
• Agree to program guidelines including random drug screening and AA/NA attendance
• Be free of risk for self-harm or suicidal/homicidal behavior
IOP provides an alternative to residential treatment and is appropriate for clients with substance use issues who require more structured programs. KBICSAP is staffed with qualified professional staff members and support personnel. Our therapeutic groups are facilitated by experienced counselor.
Located in Baraga, Michigan, Outpatient services are easily accessible from Highway 41.
202 U.S. 41 South , Baraga, MI, 49908